Monday, September 8, 2008

Moab Here I Come!

Chriss Horstman
(Double click picture to enlarge)

Once Again Hello:


I have been here at Mesa Verde for about a week. I stayed longer then originally planned as I really thought I would bump into Carol. I had always believed we would patch things up and continue our trip...... no such luck, so far.

I finally was able to make cell phone contact with Carol. She had just arrived in Buffalo, Wyoming. She was at her brothers. This was to be one of our original stops. Carol wouldn't talk to me in the house and sat in the car parked in the driveway while we talked. I suggested we meet somewhere and finish our trip together. She said that she presently had commitments and would let me know in a few days. In the meantime she was going to spend some time sightseeing with her brother. This too was our original plan. I said "OK' and left it at that.

I had a very difficult time loading the motorcycle into the trailer by myself. The ground was soft gravel and not level, I finally rode it down to the park office and was given all the help I needed. The camp manager was so nice and cooperative. Once loaded up I was back to my campsite to clean up and hit the road once again.



Where to I thought? I might as well start heading north if I was going to hook up with Carol. Moab seemed like a good choice. Maybe we could come back down south and see the Grand Canyon; I suggested this to Carol. It was a beautiful drive to Moab. Along the way I stop at "The Hole In The Rock" attraction. The scenery was so different. This trip has really been worth all of the effort and sometimes agony.


I reach Moab without incident and decide to camp in the "outback' instead of the National Park Campground. This proved difficult as the outback roads are not easy to traverse with a motorhome. While looking for a site I am worried because it is very difficult backing up with a large motorcycle trailer. I can't see the trailer behind the RV and it might become a problem if I need to back out while exploring for a site. I meet a nice fellow on a motorcycle who volunteers to go ahead and scout out a camping spot for me. He finds one for me. I am all settled in for a few days. Tomorrow I will explore.



Chriss Horstman

No comments:

Post a Comment