Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mesa Verde The Scenic Ride

Chriss Horstman
(Double Click Picture To Enlarge)

Hi Again:
Today is the day for the scenic ride. I will start from the city of Cortez traveling north on Hwy 145 to 62 then 550 south to Ouray Hot Springs. Here I will take a lunch break and sightsee. The route back will be south on 550 to Durango and once again west to Mesa Verde. This loop is known as the (Click)...San Juan Skyway.



Well I got off to a slow start getting gas, buying a "sub" for lunch and making my way thru the city of Cortez. My first stop was the town of Delores to see the "Galloping Goose" belonging to the Rio Grande Southern Railroad Company. The entire ride was spectacular, calling it a scenic ride does not do it justice. I love riding high altitude twisty mountain roads. I will only post a few of my pictures as there is so much better information and pictures posted on the Internet. Check my "blue" hyper links. Once back I will need to change camp sites. I plan to wait awhile longer for Carol to return. If she does not, then I plan to push on northward as we originally planned.



Chriss Horstman

2 comments:

  1. "I never hear from HIM again. What a sad way to end a relationship. There is nothing worse than loosing trust in someone who you truly believed in. I still believe in CHRISS, "I don't get it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I don't know who you are, or what you've got to your name. I am just a random passerby on this vast intranet. But I would just like to say. You are one of the strongest human beings I have ever seen/read/heard about. Continue riding my friend. Love the relationship you and your bike share. That's all I need. Follow your dreams and don't ever let anything keep you down.

    ReplyDelete